One of the most critical components of an organization’s financial management system is its internal control. Under the Uniform Guidance, internal control is considered essential for minimizing fraud, waste, and abuse. Noncompliance with federal regulations can often be traced to an inadequate system of internal controls. Do you know if your organization’s controls meet expectations? Or are inadequate, or even nonexistent, creating serious compliance issues?
In this session, participants will learn the following:
• Overview of an effective internal control structure
• Internal Control Framework
• COSO vs. The Federal Green Book
• The components of internal control
• Areas of internal control posing the greatest risk to your organization and ways to strengthen entity controls
This session is recommended for all attendees. The experience level for this session is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this session.