Are you familiar with the wage and hour laws that apply to grant-funded organizations? This workshop will discuss two of the most important: the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (or FLSA) and the Davis-Bacon Act. By attending, you will learn about the minimum wage and overtime requirements of the FLSA and the prevailing wage requirements of the Davis-Bacon Act. You will also learn about compliance obligations for your organization and recent developments in wage and hour laws. If you have questions about the FLSA or the Davis-Bacon Act, this is the workshop for you.
Following this session, participants will be able to:
• Identify the requirements of the FLSA as they apply to grant-funded organizations
• Identify the major exemptions to overtime pay requirements under the FLSA
• Describe the obligations for grant-funded organizations under the Davis-Bacon Act
• Describe recent wage and hour law developments
• List common wage and hour law violations and the potential consequences of these mistakes
This workshop is recommended for all attendees. The experience level for this session is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this session.